Sunday, January 15, 2012

Transparency in Govt

Most of the letters that went to the SCCBOE last week were fairly similar, but I did receive one that stood out to me as unique in it's content.  It didn't focus so much on the BCS issue, as transparency in government.  Many of you know that this is also a pet issue of mine, and one of the main reasons I write this blog.  I stood for election on the promise of greater transparency, and so when someone has meaningful comments in this arena, it tends to catch my eye.  You may also find the letter to be interesting.  It looks at federal, state, and local governments and their need to include the citizens we represent in the governing process.  Kudos to Verna Fimbres for a thoughtful commentary on our government and a good reminder that everyone is served well when we keep the process as open as possible.

Here is a link to the letter.