Saturday, February 23, 2013

LASD provides responses to BCS questions

2013-14 Offer Process

On Feb 13, 2013, Tamara Logan and I met with BCS Board members Joe Hurd and Peter Evans to disucss the Preliminary Offer (PO).  As I noted in my Feb 11 email to Ken Moore , there were some practical limitations to that meeting.  For example, since District staff were already committed to a different meeting to review District finances, we wouldn't be able to provide answers to some of their questions.  During the meeting, we kept running notes of the question, which all parties reiviewed and accepted.  Since then, the District has pulled together responses to the questions.

Yesterday, I sent these responses to BCS.  I've also committed that we would make these responses public, in an effort to maintain transparency in the process.  I have attached the responses here.

Responses to BCS Prop 39 Questions
Transmittal Note to BCS